Monday, January 22, 2007

We're back!

It's been a wonderful week in Singapore. It sure went by fast, packed full of activities and food. The weather held up for us on most days. I sure am glad I missed out on another snow storm in Seattle.

Five years is a long time to be away. While some things remain the same (i.e. my Grandma's house, some bus routes) but for the most part there were a lot of changes. I was a bit confused with the new MRT lines and Clark Quay sure looks different from when I remembered it.

For me, the best part (other than the food) was reconnecting with my old SAC classmates and my childhood friend who I've know since we were 6. Some of them I haven't seen for over 10 years. It's great to be able to catch up. I think we all agree that we miss the old school days.

On this trip, I noticed the art scene seems to blooming in S'pore including more art schools. I wish we had more time to explore it but I guess I'll have to wait for the next trip.

Well, photos to come -- Each of us had a camera and to avoid taking the same photos, we took turns. So we'll need to put our photos together and post them.

~ Mina

No comments: