Sunday, June 24, 2007

Har (prawn) Mee

I was totally craving for Prawn Mee and remembered I have prawn shells that I've been saving in the freezer. So I made prawn and pork rib soup served with Beehoon.

~ Mina



Ingredients for the broth:
- 4 cups of water
- 1 quart bag of prawn shells (clean the prawn head)
- 4 Pork ribs
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fish sauce

Other ingredients:
- Beehoon
- Cooked prawn
- You Choy or any other leafy vegetbales
- Fried onions

Heat water to boil. Add prawn shells and pork ribs. Turn the heat down to low and cook for 1 hour. Add salt and fish sauce for seasoning.

Blanch beehoon and vegetable. Put in the bowl and add prawns, pork ribs. Pour broth over the nooldes. Garnish with fried onions.

4 comments:

tigerfish said...

Yum yum...that is tagu choy also, right ? ;p

Hakka House said...

Yup -- left over Tagu Choy came in handy. :)

~ mina

Melting Wok said...

hehe, when the craving kicks in, nothing's stopping you, ain't it ? Loveeeee har mee :)

Rasa Malaysia said...

Ooooh, I am slowly saving up my prawn shells and heads...gotta make my Penang Hokkien Mee soon. Hehe.