Thursday, June 12, 2008

Blue Eggs and Yellow Tomatoes: Recipes from a Modern Kitchen Garden


I work at a food magazine, and one of my jobs is to maintain the library. I have to weed out boxes and boxes of junk (any of Sandra Lee's cookbooks, yuck) and find gems worthy to keep in the already packed shelves. I love reading cookbooks, but very rarely do I actually follow the recipes from within. It's almost easier to search the Web.

There is one cookbook, however, that I'm extremely excited to try. That's "Blue Eggs and Yellow Tomatoes" by Jeanne Thiel Kelley. I've had the privilege to sample many of Jeanne's amazing dishes and I'm always thinking of them fondly days after I tasted them, especially her vegetarian pastas. Me--a proud card-carrying meat eater--dreaming about vegetarian food. Yes, it's THAT good. One thing that stands out is the various textures she incorporates in her dishes. I'm placing an order on Amazon, and you should, too!

~Ray

No comments: