Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mellben Seafood at Toa Payoh

It's been a family tradition to go to Jumbo Seafood in East Coast for chili crab whenever one of us visits home. But my dear aunt Judy wanted to treat us to a nice meal a little closer to home. She also knew that I've been dying to try the crab bee hoon, so she recommended this place.

IMG_4917

Nice and spicy sambal kang kong.

IMG_4918

The chili crab was sweet and fresh.

IMG_4919

The fried man tous are good but I miss the white crustless bread they used to serve at those pongol seafood places.

IMG_4920

Cereal prawns were very big!

IMG_4921

Some kind of fried tofu. Not a fan.

IMG_4923

The crab bee hoon was very buttery and had a slight herb taste to it. I like the bee hoon. Not sure if I'm sold on the taste though. But very glad I tried it.

Mellben Seafood
Blk 211,
Lorong 8 Toa Payoh
#01-11-15
Tel: 6353-3120

~Ray

2 comments:

Michelle & Paul said...

It was Wonder Bread they served with Chili Crab back in the days...

tigerfish said...

I've heard of crab bee hoon here but never tried it too. Maybe I'm not missing much :P