Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fatted Calf at The Oxbow Public Market in Napa

Last May, Kevin and I took part in our very first 30-mile bike ride in Napa Valley. It was also the first time we travelled with my favorite foodie buddy Esther. I may be married to Kevin, but Esther is my culinary soulmate. We appreciate the nuances of stinky cheeses; we wax poetic over hand-made pasta; and we debate over whether Din Tai Fung's xiao long bao had the right dough-to-filling ratio. Needles to say, Esther and I were excited to explore all the great eats in Napa. First stop: The Fatted Calf at the Oxbow Public Market.

Look at all the beautiful meats on display.

Mortadella, fine-textured cooked salami garnished with pistachios.


Bologna, I think.
Prosciutto

Roasted pork shoulder with rosemary, garlic, and thyme. YUM!


Look at this beautiful sliver of lardon. Fat = good.

We also ordered fresh burrata from Oxbow Cheese Merchant.

Amazing dining experience without too much damage to the wallet.

Fatted Calf
The Oxbow Public Market
644 C First Street
Napa, CA 94559
(707) 256-3684

fattedcalf.com/

No comments: