Monday, May 7, 2007

Yakisoba

I love trying to figure out what to do with left over ingredients. I had left over chicken, cabbage (left over from Okonomiyaki), You Chai and yakisoba noodles (which I used when I made Hokkien Mee). So I decide to make Yakisoba. I've never actually made Yakisoba from scratch...I usually just buy the pre-packed stuff. However, ever since I found out how much sodium there are in those cup noodles stuff, I try to avoid as best as I can. I also didn't have the right Yakisoba sauce so I improvised and used Okonomiyaki sauce which taste pretty similar.

It was pretty easy to prepare. The chicken was already pre-cooked so I just stir-fried the cabbage and you chai with garlic, added the chicken and noodles. Salt & pepper to season and 2 tbsp of Okonomiyaki sauce and 1 tbsp of soy sauce. Mix and serve. I garnish with pickled ginger and sprinkled green nori (seaweed commonly used on Okonomiyaki & Yakisoba).

Taadaa! My version of Yakisoba... And it only took 15 minutes~!

~ Mina


No comments: