Friday, March 21, 2008

The Boiling Crab

I've been dying to try this place for months, ever since I saw it on Wandering Chopsticks. Loads of butter, garlic, spices, and seafood--what's not to love?

towel

Love the roll of paper towel! It came in superhandy.

crawfish

The crawfish/crawdads come in plastic bags. They usually include 1 corn on the cob with a 2-pound bag.

crawfish2

Between the five of us, we had five pounds!

small craw

How cute!

king crab

We also had 3 pounds of King crab. Honestly, I was not too keen on King crabs. But since they were out of Dungeness, we didn't really have a choice. They turned out AMAZING. They were succulent, sweet, meaty, and delicious.

fries

The cajun fries had a real kick to them.

aftermath

The aftermath ... haha ...

I kinda wished they had a pipping hot bowl of rice or bread to soak up all the spicy gravy. The bill came up to about $26 per person (with drinks). The service was pretty good for a place in Alhambra. Two thumbs up!

The Boiling Crab
742 W. Valley Blvd.
Alhambra, CA 91803
626-576-9368

ice

We had the sweet potato shaved ice with green tea ice cream at a different place.

~Ray

1 comment:

mel said...

I love, love, love to eat crawdads (aside from the weird yellow ooze)! They remind me of my childhood where we'd go down to the river and bring home an ice chest full of crawdads. I like eating them with just soy sauce.