Sunday, April 1, 2007

Banana Bread


The problem with Costco is when you buy fruit in bulk. I found some very ripe bananas that need to be eaten asap. So, I decided to make some banana bread. I've never made it before, so I'm kinda proud of the result. I got my recipe from Simply Recipes. I didn't have a loaf pan, so I made mine into muffins.

3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup of flour

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

~Ray

No comments: