Friday, April 13, 2007

Wonton MeePok Noodles

I bought wonton skins awhile back. Since I have some left over ground pork and shrimp, I decided to make some wontons. It was real simple. The only thing I wish I had was some spring onions.

Ingredients:
Wonton Skins
Ground Pork
Shrimps (cut into small pieces)
Chopped Waterchest nuts (for some crunch)
1 tbsp of Soysauce
Salt & pepper

Mix all the above ingredients. Use a small spoon to scoop the fillings into the wonton skin. Dap some water along the corners of the skin and seal. Boil water and drop the wontons in. When they start to float to the top, it's done.

I cooked up some of my left over egg noodles, tossed the wontons - viola! Wonton Noodles. :) I love dishes that I can whip up quickly.



~ Mina

5 comments:

tigerfish said...

The mee pok looks so authentic!
Are the 2 round "whities" chestnuts or fishballs?

Hakka House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hakka House said...

Thanks! I was so excited when I found the noodles at Ranch 99. The 2 round things are Dodo Fishballs. :) Making another trip out to R99 tomorrow...it feels like such an adventure.

~ Mina

tigerfish said...

You found DODO ? YAY!
Where did you find yours at R99?

Hakka House said...

It's my sister, Rae, in L.A. who's having a hard time finding Dodo Fishballs. I actually buy mine at the Uwajimaya Market in Seattle's International District.