Sunday, April 8, 2007

Soups

My grandma made soup every meal and I miss that. While I was at Ranch 99 I bought different ingredients to make soups that I grew up with. Over the course of 1 week, I made these 3 soups. I made the soups by memory and by tasting so the measurements is a bit of a guessing game.

Pork Rib and Watercress Soup
4 Pork Ribs
1 bunch of Watercress
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp Fishsauce
3 cups of water



Tofu & Vietnamese Spinach
2 tsp of dried anchovies
Fried Puff Tofu
Vietnamese Spinach
1 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of fishsauce (add by taste)
1 tsp of Granulated Mushroom Bouillon
3 cups of water



Vegetable Soup
Dried Lily Flowers
Dried Mushroom
Fried Puff Tofu
Preserved Mustard Greens (Sliced)
1 tsp of Granulated Mushroom Bouillon
2 tsp of salt (adjust to taste)
3 cups of water



~ Mina

3 comments:

tigerfish said...

I love soups too! Looks like you really went on a shopping spree in R99 :D

Hakka House said...

I did go a little crazy on the shopping. :) I don't go very often to R99 as it's 30 minutes away so I was stocking up. I was amazed by how much I could buy for much less than what I would spend at a regular market.

~ Mina

simcooks said...

I make pork rib and watercress soup very often. Never thought to add fish sauce.
I'll add 1 tsp of mini scallops, dried shrimp and dried sole fish each for extra flavor.
If not I'll add 1-2 honey dates and 8 red dates to make the soup sweet.