Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cooking Class Part 1

I'm a lucky girl. One of the benfits at my company is tuition reimbursement for career-related classes. And what class relates to my job? Cooking class! My co-worker and I signed up for the Professional 3-month cooking class at The New Cooking School in Culver City. I've met many wonderful foodies who are as passionate about food as I am.

class

We have a few dentists, a hand bag designer, a city government worker, an art director, and more.

class2

Each week, we're partnered up with different people. This particular week, my partner and I made lasagna with béchamel (white) sauce from scratch. It was a bit of a trial by error since the instructions were vague.

class 3

And at the end of the class, we get to taste everyone's hard work. My favorite was the homemade gnocchi with butter-sage sauce.

~Ray

No comments: